So I was thinking about writing this post earlier this week and then something happened that made me really want to let if out. Yesterday my school held a Diversity Awareness Program. It was pretty good. I always go to events like these so it was nice to see unfamiliar faces.
At one point the instructor says “Raise your hand if you do not identify as a feminist” One girl raises her hand so he asks her why. She says that she doesn’t want to identify as a feminist because she believes that all people should be equal…
The instructor says, “Raise your hand if you believe that men and women should have equal rights” EVERYONE (including this girl) raises their hand. The instructor says “Congratulations! You are a feminist”
Later, all of the women are asked to sit in a circle in the middle of the room and discuss…
View original post 576 more words
So I was nominated for The Liebster Award by the lovely Bookishwanderlust. Thank you so much! It makes your day when you see that people actually read your blog. Go check out her awesome bookish blog here.
How Does It Work?
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are bookishwanderlust’s questions and my answers.
1.How many books are you planning to read on 2016?
A: My goodreads reading challenge goal is 100. Hopefully I’ll be able to read more!
2.Favorite book you’ve read this 2015.
3.Books you’re ashamed you haven’t read.
A: O’boy! Here Comes the shame list!
4. Books that made you cry.
A: Usually almost every book makes me cry ( the ones I really like/love). So the actual list would be a mile long. But the ones that top the list are:
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Art And Soul by Brittainy C. Cherry
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
You get the drill.
5. What book got you into reading?
A: Umm.. i would say Enid blyton’s books: Malory Towers, St. Clare’s, Secret Seven And Famous Five. I adore those books!
6 .What is your all time favorite book?
A: Harry Potter, obviously.
7. What are your hobbies?
A: Reading takes up all my time! So I dont have room for anything else. I also paint a little.
8.Book that you hate but everybody loves.
A: Okay, I don’t hate these books. For me these were mediocre, but everybody seems to love it. Those books are Angelfall series by Susan Ee and Unearthly by Cynthia Hand.
9.Who is your ultimate fictional book boyfriend?
A: Captain Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles. Because…*swoon*. You’ll get what I mean if you’ve read the books. I love him so much. I’ve already married him in my head!
10.Fictional character that you could totally relate to.
A: I usually relate with all of the characters from the books I like. So its a really tough question.
11. Favourite bromance?
A: Harry Potter and Ron Weasley .
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I’m 16.
- I love the colour yellow.
- I’m addicted to noodles.
- I like to draw.
- I like my hair short. Sort of like a bob.
- I love the rain, lighting and thunder.
- I love spicy food.
- I hate horror movies.
- I cant live without chocolate and ice cream.
- I love fantasy books over romance. But for movies, its opposite.
- I really want to own a pair of boots.
And finally I nominate these amazing bloggers!
And my questions for them are:
- What made you start blogging?
- Which is your all time favourite book?
- Which book you had high hopes for but disappointed you?
- Which is your favourite genre of books?
- What are your favourite songs?
- A wish you want desperately want to come true.
- If given a chance, choose one author you would like to meet and interact with.
- What else do you do in your free time? Sing? Dance? Draw? Sword Fight? 😉
- Which is your favourite season? why?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Top 5 books you want to read in 2016.