It’s been so long since I wrote a post!
I don’t know if you remember, I used to blog here until about a year ago.
I was on a hiatus as I had to concentrate on my studies( my dad’s words not mine). I haven’t blogged or read any books in a year.
Okay, I did read a few books. But who can survive on a few books? A few books? *snorts* It was really awful guys. I could feel reality seeping back in, whispering about college and career and what not. It was awful. I do not recommend it.
Anyway my exams are over and I am back to reading and blogging again. I will tell you what I’ve been up to all year later in this post( I don’t want to bore you all).
So here’s what happening on my blog:
- I redesigned everything. I mean EVERYTHING! It was a lot of very frustrating work. Basically what I am trying to tell is CHECK THE NEW DESIGN! Do you like it? Do you? I mean you must be thinking wow! What a great design. She is so talented! (I’m joking!) Unfortunately I am not good at telepathy, I don’t know what you’re thinking. So you have to leave your thoughts in the comments below (major inconvenience, I know).
- I have an About Me and a Review Policy page. (no, I didn’t have them before. I really don’t know why. Maybe I was too lazy back then).
- I want to post more reviews and discussions, rather than just memes.
- While on the topic, please do not read my old reviews. Please don’t. They are so bad and… *cringe*(I did write them almost 2 years ago).
- I will try to post at least twice a week.
- I did think of changing my username from The Girl In Boots to my real name. But I don’t know, the name has really grown on me I guess. And I like the anonymity if it. Also it is mysterious? (is it?). So Boots is here to stay!
- I want to leave more comments on the blogs I follow. I do read and like every post on every blog I follow( I try to). But I don’t know how to comment. I may write a long one but I usually don’t send it. Because I don’t want to come across as annoying. Also I’m awkward okay? But… from now on I will post every comment I type!
Well that’s it for new changes. I know it is a short list but too much of a change is a bad thing.
Now for those of you who want to know what has happened in the last year, read on. I hope I don’t bore you.
You know what? Nobody cares. It’s been a year, I don’t even know if anybody is going to read this.
See? Nobody cares. It’s just me and the crippling silence of the Internet.
Ah, of course. How could I forget the crickets.
Anyway, the major thing is I got into college! I am an Economics major now(because I love economics). And I turned 18.
Now for those of you who are not from India, there is this exam you take in 12th standard and it is very important for college. Actually it is the only thing that matters for college applications in the commerce stream.
I got decent marks, which is nice. I got into a good college, which is also nice.
I did mean to continue blogging as soon as my exams were over. But I was anxious about my marks and college admissions.
So college… It’s nice. My school was right at our doorstep (literally. I cannot tell you how literal I am really). Now I have to commute an hour daily which is a small change. Also none of my old friends are there, the teachers and the campus are different. I still live at home, so there’s that. But it’s nice you know? A good change. Also, our college’s library is three floors. *heart eyes*.
On top of that, we moved. It was a sudden decision. I mean yeah it was within the same building, but it was hectic! So now we are just settling in.
And… That’s it for now. I saw Spiderman homecoming yesterday. So I have a review coming up.
I am also on Twitter now. I am thinking of maybe starting an Instagram account( I’ll keep you posted on that).
So yeah that’s it. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you find amazing books.
Bye! (for now).